UK source for Cotton / Wool felt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andy,

How much do you need?

I have a full roll of pure wool carpet underlay 1/2" thick. I could sell you some cheap.

I also have a mate in North London area who also has a couple of rolls the stuff and I'm sure he would be willing to sell you some at cheap price.

This stuff is recommended by Scottmoose for internal lining his designs.

One simply uses general duty spray on adhesive to stick it to the inside of the cabinet.

Howdy!

Thanks for your reply. I intend to make some uFonken speakers, so the smallest amount possible really.

I'm ideally looking for a suggestion for a shop (on-line or otherwise) from where I can get this stuff from *whenever* if you get my drift. But I am not adverse to asking you for some. How wide is your roll so I can get an idea of what I can ask you for. Off the top of my head I'd guess I'd need 1 Meter sq....

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

you can buy the wool underlay online from here, but I do not know who sells it in small quantities, which is why I and my southern friend bought 3-rolls between us at stock clearance price. http://www.tradepriced.co.uk/enviro_felt_underlay.html.

A full roll is around 7.2m long x 1.35m wide. I have around 6m left on my roll so 1m sq is no problem. How about we say a couple of quid plus postage costs for a 1m length?

Send me a PM or email to c dot topps at talk21 dot com with your contact details if you are interested.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
For a uFonken you need a strip 72mm wide x 852mm long and another 105mm x 674mm (this is using the 15mm cotton/denim felt we are now using).

dave

Attachments

• uFonken-damping.png
    uFonken-damping.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.