Different sounding speaker pair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Had a Venom Chang speaker built for me, housing FE127es. I noticed that one of the speakers have less clarity or a diffused sound compared to the other, which is clearer or tighter. I've swapped stuff (cables, etc.) around and all points down to the speakers. As far as I can tell, they are equal in loudness, but playing pink noise on both, the different colouration is apparent. Are there any remedies one can try? :(

Try swapping the left and right speakers in your system to see if the problem follows one cabinet of stays on the same side which might might indicate a room issue.

If the problem follows the speaker during the swap, try swapping the drivers between the two cabinets. If the poor sound follows one of the drivers, you probably have a bad or damaged driver. If the poor sound stays with the same cabinet, take a look at the cabinets for differences in construction, driver mounting, or stuffing.

I shall give that a try. Also, would a driver that's slightly off center, say 1-2mm, have an effect? That's the case with the offending cabinet.

Thanks for all help and suggestions guys. These speakers have been lying around for about a year until I finally managed to house them recently, so I guess I wouldn't be able to returna nd swap them in case they're faulty. :(

Tried swapping the drivers this time, and, indeed, it's the culprit. One of them is more forward and clear; the other, problematic one has what I can only describe as having a tiny bit of boom or weaker and less defined than the other one. It's not perhaps very obvious but it's just annoying that I know it's there. Anything I can experiment with to correct it? Nothing costly as this project of mine has already scaled beyond its intended, low-cost purpose.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.