Chang - which one next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...but the drawings are not in the public domain...

I do sell the C-Horn slices in a flat pack kit, including dowels etc. ...

Hi Andrew

Thank you for the response - what I'd expected though not hoped for. ;)

Unfortunately, the price (although I am sure it is reasonable) is rather out of my range, even before adding shipping. I don't know whether you'd consider it worthwhile, but perhaps you could separate the intellectual property from the execution? For those of us interested in DIYing the thing, you could sell, say, a full-size template, either on something foldable for really cheap shipping, or in the form of a 6mm or so MDF cutout that could be used with to guide a router pattern-bit. Issues for you, I suppose, would include the risk of someone ripping off your IP (though they could also do so just by buying the speaker kit), and whether you could sell enough at a price you considered reasonable to make it worth your while...

In any case, it is a most pleasing design - my congratulations.

Regards.

Aengus

Last edited:
Thanks Aengus

Yes...I've struggled over this issue re IP.

In some more remote parts of the worl, I offer to provide the CAD plans to a CNC routing company who's prepared to sign a confidentiality agreement. This gives me some protection in that the CNC company is not the end-user.

I suppose I could consider the sale of the CAD plans (with .dwg or other relevant cutting files)....

There'll always be a sticking point when trying tobalance DIY vs commercial.

Scott,

Can you see any reason this would compromise the Half-Chang design's performance?

50mm radius, all kerfed. Causes approx., 1L loss in volume or less than 2%. There was a radius at the throat but that causes a flare at the exit which would require adjustment of the length(?). Besides it's not really required as you'd have to be shagging on the floor to see it. And if you saw it while shagging on the floor then you've got bigger issues than not having a radius on the underside of a speaker cabinet :rolleyes:

It's a fair size box and I'm just attempting to 'break' it up a little. Also, as a guesstimate, what would you think the in-room bass response would be? I wont hold you to any numbers :headshot:

*edit! Didn't mean to select the 'blow your head off' emoticon but I'm leaving it there as it could be the first recorded case of a Freudian Slipicon. :D

Attachments

• Half-Chang.jpg
    Half-Chang.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.