Hemp FR8C in Fonken cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will Fonken caninets be too small for the 8" Hemp FR8C. I bought a pair and was going to use them in Open Baffle but have changed my mind and decide to use them in my bedroom instead. I've heard Fonken style cabinets will give boxless sound (OB equivalent???) hence the question. Thanks in advance.

whats a Fonken cabinet?

Iv'e been bedding in my pair of FR8C in a ported 30lt box for the last couple of months. I'm about to embark on building a proper pair of cabs for them. I was going to do something similar to the APRA Grande. All the other designs Iv'e seen look very complicated.

col.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
xecluded said:
Meaning????

What is your take of Fonken cabinets VS Open Baffle- do they really give boxless sound, can they do what OB do. Thanks.

Meaning i'm working on a Fonken family cabinet for the larger driver.

The ones we have done so far certainly have the ability to disappear, so a high level of box-lessness... and certainly bottom end that an OB could only dream of (given the driver size). Easier room placement and better WAF.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.