Brines FT-1600 Mk2 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
chuyler1 said:
Is the port supposed to be pulled out like that? It looks like it is pulled out of the hole like 1/2".

Yes it is. I was trialling different port lengths but the hole in the cabinet is a little bit tight and I haven't had time to lay the speakers flat to enable me push them flush.

Edit: My son has been in the lounge today and I didn't want to bring his attention to the holes. I have a feeling they may become a garage to park his toy cars :rolleyes:

Tripmaster said:

Yes it is. I was trialling different port lengths but the hole in the cabinet is a little bit tight and I haven't had time to lay the speakers flat to enable me push them flush.

Edit: My son has been in the lounge to today and I didn't want to bring his attention to the holes. I have a feeling they may become a garage to park his toy cars :rolleyes:

It might be a shame to spoil the aesthetics by covering the port opening with a small metal mesh speaker grille, but could be better than the alternative.

Hi

I am thinking about adding a super tweeter to my speakers but would like to know if you have any suggestions for an enclosure?

Bob has recommended the FT17H. I would like to mount them in a small case on top of the existing speakers if possible.

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/speaker_comp/pdf/ft17h.pdf

I don't necessarily need to use the FT17H you have better suggestion.

My speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.