junkiest PC that'll run horn response?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I figure I should probably consider learning how to solve my own enclosure design problems while I ask the advice of those wiser. It sounds like Horn Response is probably the best option for me to simulate things like BVR's and ML Voigts, right? I looked quickly and didn't see system requirements listed on the download page. I'd have to buy a computer to run mostly that program alone, so how decrepit a machine can I get without getting overly frustrated by its speed?

pj

Scottsbluff Nebraska: the center of the Panhandle, close to nothin'. Looks like about 8 hrs to Santa Fe. We're hoping to make it down sometime this fall. We meant to get back down there a couple of weeks ago, but that was prior to planning this move.

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. It's going to be a busy next couple of weeks, but hopefully I'll find some time to get busy with it. I need some new boxes.

pj

FWIW

hornresp (mostly) works with wine, but it's one of those things that's not so fast in wine.

this week, i went from a 800 cel to ~2.6 dualie (same os & hd actually) and _for_hornresp_only_, it's not that much faster :) noticeable, but not quantum-ey like a couple other programs.

too late for pj i know, but in case others had the same Q.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.