Atlanta DIY Meet in planning stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GM

Joined 2003
Lucky you. ;) The original series of DIY Meets ended when a more suitable location couldn't be found and Robert had to step down as organizer when his career took off.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able attend, though unless I can pry the MLTLs I brought to one of the earlier Meets (now upgraded from RS 40-1354 to CSS FR125S) away from their current 'owner' it'll just be me.

Maybe Woody will bring the Dave p10 tweaked 40-1197 ML-Voigt horns I cobbled together for the last Meet. They were 'FR' crowd pleasers.

GM

GM said:
Lucky you. ;) The original series of DIY Meets ended when a more suitable location couldn't be found and Robert had to step down as organizer when his career took off.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able attend, though unless I can pry the MLTLs I brought to one of the earlier Meets (now upgraded from RS 40-1354 to CSS FR125S) away from their current 'owner' it'll just be me.

Maybe Woody will bring the Dave p10 tweaked 40-1197 ML-Voigt horns I cobbled together for the last Meet. They were 'FR' crowd pleasers.

GM
So, how many showed up last time. I have no idea what to expect. The room seems to be 500 sf or so. A live stage with seating for 40 people.

We will make it work and have a blast.

GM

Joined 2003
I guess, if anyone was interested... I have a speaker that started as a sort of DIY project, in small-scale production now... I could bring a sample pair. These are based on an 8" commercial-series Tannoy dual-concentric, with my own crossover work and cabinet design. I'm in Marietta.

BTW: I was the other guy (besides Robert Cheng) who originally organized the DIY-Atlanta event, starting in 2001 or so. Robert took over the organizational duties for it, until he started getting sent overseas so much, and ran out of time to plan it anymore. Until now, there hasn't been anyone else to step up and take over organizational duties. It'll be interesting to see if this can be brought back to life, even if in different form...

Regards,
Gordon.

I have a better understanding of what we can do now. We have a 30x30' room for our main meeting. Also, two additional rooms that can be used to audition speakers seating 10 or so. Measurements can be made in a booth in the shop area.

DIY electronics can be displayed in the main room. Time permiting, we will be able to demo them also.

Future post will be made at the web site.
www.diyatlanta.org

Check it to get the latest.

Bob Howell

Date: Sat., 8/8/2009

Darn. Right in my part of town too. But I'll be at a wedding that weekend. In Colorado.

If for any reason it gets pushed back a week or two, I'll bring my modified Tannoy 12 DMT II's (sealed half-cylinder cabinet with large roundovers for low diffraction), which I think be an interesting counterpoint to Gordon's 8" Tannoy Dual Concentric + helper woofer speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.