Suggestions for Brazilian FE127E repalcement? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2009, 06:11 PM   #1
njepitt is offline njepitt  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Suggestions for Brazilian FE127E repalcement?

Hi Everyone,

I've just managed to blow *both* my FE127E drivers Piecing it all together after the event, it seems my diy F4 blew a mosfet, hence shorting the negative rail to earth, and putting about 13 VDC across the left channel outputs - and hence damaging the left driver. Before I realised this was what had happened, I tried switching the speakers around to see whether the "problem" was amp or speaker - and hence blew the other one too... The cabinets are diy monopoles that I made a year or so by following the diyaudio reference thread (many thanks to all of you for that, by the way) which sound OK (ironically I was planning on trying to mess with the stuffing to improve the sound a bit this weekend...). So, since I can't seem to get Fostex drivers here in Brazil, and importing them through the mails is very expensive, I shall have to wait until I, or a friend, can bring a pair back from a trip up north. Meanwhile, to get sound back in my office I was wondering if anyone has an alternative to suggest that is available here. It's easy to find most Brazilian made drivers here in Brasilia (Bravox, Selenium, Oversound, Novik neo sometimes...) SO, anyone have a suggestion for a drop-in replacement? Doesn't necessarily have to be the same quality, but at least something that would work...

Cheers

Nigel

Hide this!Advertise here!