Brines FB-20 done!!!! Finally - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2009, 01:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Brines FB-20 done!!!! Finally

After many labor hours my first DIY speakers are done. I've got about 30 hours on them, and I must say they sound fantastic. They are very easy to listen to for hours. As with any fostex design they excel with vocals and acoustic instrumentation, but treble and bass are also very believable and natural sounding. Thanks for all the R&D Bob. Pics coming soon.
Old 8th June 2009, 02:30 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

pics here

http://steviedon.shutterpixie.com/show?a=1&sd=s
Old 8th June 2009, 02:53 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Very nice! Sprayed with truck bed liner?

May I post one of these in my gallery?

Bob
Old 8th June 2009, 03:37 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I'm sure I'll be chastised for the finish, however I beleive the bedliner makes the cab even more acoustically inert, thus improving the sound. If you'd like, I can e-mail you some higher resolution pics to use Bob. Thanks for the props.
Old 8th June 2009, 03:51 AM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Nice looking piece of kit you've built...

dave
Old 8th June 2009, 04:05 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Bob I live in Little Rock AR, are there any DIY audio groups in our area? Anybody meet up to listen to new gear?

Maybe I could come by and listen to a real full range system.
Old 8th June 2009, 09:47 AM   #7
BHTX is offline BHTX  United States
diyAudio Member

steviedon, nice looking speakers! I actually like the truck bed finish myself. I'm right next to you in Dallas county.
Old 8th June 2009, 10:40 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by steviedon
Yeah, I'm sure I'll be chastised for the finish, however I beleive the bedliner makes the cab even more acoustically inert, thus improving the sound. If you'd like, I can e-mail you some higher resolution pics to use Bob. Thanks for the props.
I use bedliner on the supra baffle and plinth of my commercial products. I like the finish and it is way easier than doing matte or gloss finish. The sheen of sprayed on bedliner is often a bit uneven, so I overspray with matte polyurethane.

Please send me hi-res pics. rbrines@onebox.com

Thanks,
Bob
Old 8th June 2009, 10:49 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HIPCHECK
Bob I live in Little Rock AR, are there any DIY audio groups in our area? Anybody meet up to listen to new gear?

Maybe I could come by and listen to a real full range system.
Sigh! To my knowledge, there are no DIY groups in or near LR. Up here in the Village, most of the old farts are too deaf to appreciate what I am doing. Indeed, I have yet to sell a set of speakers, or a set of plans for that matter, in Arkansas. I never bothered to get a tax number.

Sure, we can arrange an audition, but not until after LSAF in two weeks. BTW, if you can manage to 5 hour drive to Dallas, I highly recommend that you take in this show.

Bob
Old 8th June 2009, 11:08 AM   #10
BHTX is offline BHTX  United States
diyAudio Member

LSAF, eh? Cool! I'll check it out for sure. It's just too convenient for me not to.
I'll be the young guy no one's ever seen before, dragging his girlfriend around.

Hide this!Advertise here!