EcoLogic Acoustics - Drivers not ready?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

This follows on from a previous thread that probably went cold about 6 weeks ago, which I can no longer locate. It is really just an update, though I will provide some background.

Background:
IIRC, EcoLogic is a new company, of sorts, that has purchased the intellectual property of Hemp Acoustics. Hemp Acoustics had developed a somewhat less than stellar reputation; however, their drivers, when available/delivered, were decent (or better) performers. EcoLogic claims to be offering several lines of drivers.

Update:
I contacted EcoLogic via email several weeks ago and am yet to receive a response. I have not seen a representative from EcoLogic respond to discussions regarding their products on this forum.

Further, there was some discussion / intimation that Audio Magus may have had some involvement in the start-up of EcoLogic. Interestingly, it appears Audio Magus' service have come in to question, see: http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/shady/messages/4565.html

I also visited the Audio Magus website and can no longer locate links to the White Lotus 'speaker, which used the Hemp Acoustics – presumably now EcoLogic – drivers, though links the Audio Magus webpage for the White Lotus can be located via Google. This could mean any number of things; I am not drawing any inferences... Other members may want to make further enquiries as to the current state of play.

I will leave people to draw their own inferences, if any. This will be my last update regarding this topic. I will not pursue the purchase of these drivers any further until it is clear that EcoLogic is ready for business, if at all.

Regards
Raymond

I think there are a couple of separate factors at play:

To make a long story short, one of the principals behind Audio Magus had to retire from the business due to health reasons. Even during the best of economic times, that would create a serious blip for a small business, and there is not always enough time to answer the phone, or immediately reply to e-mail inquiries.

Within the past year, I had ordered units from both Sasha at Obad Imports, and AudioMagus. Sasha's office is in the metropolitan area of Vancouver BC, with his shipments originating from Blaine Washington, mostly to simplify US orders. Audio Magus is located in Poulsbo, WA - easily less than half a day's drive across/around the Puget Sound to Blaine.

Both ordered units were in stock - the Citypulse DAC from Obad took over 3 weeks to clear US Customs, and the Kingrex Amp from AudioMagus arrived in 4 days, including a 3-day long weekend.

For those familiar with the shenanigans behind the curtain, the EcoLogic situation could easily have been predicted. The principal person ( get it - P.P. - the wannabe Bernie Madoff of the audio business?) behind Hemp Acoustics has quite a track record.

I would not hold my breath, or plan any type of DIY or OEM product on anticipated delivery of any of these products.

Hopefully the adventure on which Michael Wyatt & partners undertook in the attempted resurrection / rebranding hasn't cost them too dearly.

pending edit

I think there are a couple of separate factors at play:
To make a long story short, one of the principals behind Audio Magus had to retire from the business due to health reasons.

Was his retirement due to 'stress related blindness'? That seems to be a common sudden problem experienced by one of the principles "Mike James Wyatt", who is also involved in Milltech Marine and 'SafeStove Direct', not to mention GSI out of issaquah.

Was his retirement due to 'stress related blindness'? That seems to be a common sudden problem experienced by one of the principles "Mike James Wyatt", who is also involved in Milltech Marine and 'SafeStove Direct', not to mention GSI out of issaquah.

Who knows for sure?

I spoke to Michael and his associates several times, and visited their shop in Paulsbo a while back ( 2yrs or so?), as they were juggling the multiple tasks of opening a new storefront/demo facility, prototyping and manufacturing an new speaker enclosure line, and managing the import and direct sales via their e-commerce web-site.

They seemed earnest and dedicated, but the above would be stressful for anyone, then came a "perfect storm":

- personal / family health issues;
- mr Pecker;
- the little economic "bump in the road" of 2008-09

only one of which could possibly have been avoided?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.