Austin 166

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, so I decided that I'm going ahead and in the process of finding a company to do them for me.

Now, my question is: is MDF a suitable choice? would it sound a lot different from using Baltic Birch, because its just that the stuff is so expensive and since its my first diy speakers i don't wish to spend that much yet. I'm also wondering if particle board/ chipboard would be better. Since chipboard is cheaper I might be able to get a CNC company to cut them out with the curve cuts.

So, finally would it be better to go with MDF with straight cuts or Chipboard with the curve cuts?

thanks

ed

Well, I personally would use MDF. I've used wood and plywood for speakers, and for now, I can say that the MDF-board is superior. It's strudy and easy to work on. I'm currently working on 3 speaker and a subwoofer all made from MDF with straight cuts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.