edge question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, you should include the H frame cross area in the baffle size.

FYI: If you reduce "Edge sources" to about 10, you will see how Edge values baffle parts far away from the mic position less than parts near to the mic. So usually the bottom part of the baffle will be less important for the calculation anyway.

Rudolf said:
FYI: If you reduce "Edge sources" to about 10, you will see how Edge values baffle parts far away from the mic position less than parts near to the mic. So usually the bottom part of the baffle will be less important for the calculation anyway.

Speaking of sources, I never fully understood hoe many edges to put (i use 32 normally, saw somewhere) and speaker density.
The online help is VERY lacking.

When I run the edge software with one full range driver, and "extremely" small baffle, the software tells me that there is an increase in output as high as 2kHz. Not much help below 500 Hz.
As I increase the baffle size I get more increase in the lower mids on downwards, but the increase starts at a lower freq. (1kHz or lower) is this a actual fact? or is it a software type glitch?
Thanks,
Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.