Audio Nirvana Super 15" cast frame build - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2009, 08:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Nirvana Super 15" cast frame build

I just finished a pair of the Audio Nirvana Super 15" cast frames in the 5.6 configuration and the sound is incredbile.These are 47" high x 18 3/4' wide x 14 3/4" deep and they are quite heavy.These speakers are strong in the low end and they also have great imaging and sound stage qualities.I used 3/4" birch ply and i covered the cabinets with a very high grade cherry laminate.I recently sold a very nice pair of 84 Cornwalls to fund tbis project and although hesitant at first it did not take long to hear that this was a good choice.I am hearing subtle sounds that i did not hear with other speakers and i believe that it will get even better with some break in.
Old 27th April 2009, 09:07 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Glad you're enjoying them. Out of interest, what port dimensions did you use?

PS -any chance of some pictures?
Old 28th April 2009, 01:54 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I am trying to load some pics but apparently they are too large.I am not exactly skilled when it comes to the computer so a little advice on how to load pictures would be appreciated.
Old 28th April 2009, 03:01 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Mike-
I've had this problem myself, so....

Often the pictures from a digital camera are too large in size(3000x2000pixels or something). So the first step is to re-size the pictures to something appropriate- like 640x480 or similar. Usually cameras come with software which will do this fairly easily. Then 'save as' .jpg with 'medium' quality and you should have a reasonable file size (30-40k) which will attach to your post here.

Another alternative is to put the pic in your webspace and link to it in your message, but you still need to get the file size down. Some folks here are still on dial-up connections and don't appreciate large pictures which take minutes to download.

If you can't work it out, email me and you can send me the pics. I'll resize them and post.

Cheers
John
Old 28th April 2009, 03:28 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

John-Thanks for the information i will work on it.Mike.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:26 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

are you still enjoying the an 15's?
Old 1st October 2011, 06:19 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I also would love to see some pictures. If the 5.6 BOX are this good, surely the bigger 13.6 could be great.
Cheers
Old 1st October 2011, 08:57 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

your camera might have a low resolution setting, which should work if you do not have the PC skills to scale the image down.
Old 16th October 2011, 09:45 AM   #9
tubemax is offline tubemax  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

How about some pictures?
Old 16th October 2011, 10:08 AM   #10
diyAudio Moderator

Mike hasn't been here for over two years.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/membe...eineugene.html
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!