Anyone got spec's on the '70's Isophon drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,
I have had a pair of nice 10inch round Isophon driver with cloth surrounds from the 1970's. I got them about 4yrs ago with the intention of building a reverse taper Transmission Line. This years the lucky year when I have the time and money to do the build. I'm not entirely certain that they are going to be suitable for the intended roll so I was hoping to get the Thiele Small specs so I could do some models. I don't want to waste my time or money getting it wrong.

Anyone out there got the specs for these drivers ?

Shoog

They have numbers stamped in red on the back, but they don't corrispond to their catalogues of the era, and they don't exactly match any available from 1976-1978, but they are very similar. I will take a photo when I get a chance later.

Shoog

Heres a photo.

Shoog

Attachments

• isophon3.jpg
    isophon3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 246
I think you may be right in calling them woofers. From what I can see most of the P25's are woofers by that vintage, and those drivers which were still called fullrange still had the clear dustcaps and the corrigated surround.
The paper is significantly heavier than the oval fullrangers I have, also the magnet is about twice as big and thbe cone trav el is massive. I remember testing them nude when \i got them and they sounded quite extended. I will have to hook them up again.

Bit of a shame if they are, as I don't want to move away from fullrange but I do want tighter bass than the MLBIB's can offer.

Shoog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.