Tang Band Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am planning to build a new set of speakers to replace my current horrible set of pc speakers . I am new to the diy audio world, ( I have basic ideas of how speakers work and have been browsing this forum for about the last 2 weeks.) relatively skilled in electronics, and I am looking for a good project to start with (around 100-200$ us). I would like to have 2 separate speakers based off of a pair of tang band W4-1337SD 4" titanium drivers. They would be desirably about 4' tall and a narrow width. I am just asking for maybe some design ideas or what general size of the enclosure I should build etc.., seeing that I have really no idea what I am doing.

Thanks,
Joel D.
:)

Hello,

my idea for such driver would be a
double horn like my KORNETT (cornet)

the Titan driver i thought about was the SA.

Attachments

• seitekornett2kl.da.jpg
    seitekornett2kl.da.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 615
Joel,
I built a pair of these...
http://www.parts-express.com/projectshowcase/indexn.cfm?project=3CRTi

... and couldn't be happier with them. They sound great and go surprisingly low for a 4" driver.

You could extend them or put them on stands to make them the height you're looking for.

Definitely an awesome speaker and the designer is on the Parts Express forum quite a bit and was very helpful when I built mine.

Mike

Hey Joel,
Just stopping by to see if you're still planning on building the 3CR-Ti's? I'm listening to mine as I type this. I have them hooked up to a tube amp project I've been working and, I must say, the little guys really are very good sounding speakers. Besides the sound being great, they image very well. Different parts of the music are right in front of me, and other parts are off to the sides. You'd think there were at least three or four speakers running.
The small footprint of these is great too. These should rate very high in the WAF, if that's an issue.
I hope all is well with you and your speaker projects.
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.