Driver behaviour, pistonic or ocillation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Henkjan wrote:

on the point of how a loudspeaker membrane actually moves, take a look at these movie clips from a Visaton BG20, made using laser measurements: http://www.klangundton.de/?p=324#more-324

May be people give up a bit too easy on this link, which is really interesting and illustrative to issues raised here.

In RealPlayer I can load any of the files. But to make them start I go to the Play menu and Stop the one loaded before I can start Play the next clip.

K&T explicitly mentions the Manger speaker remarking that the B20 7.5 kHz response looks like the Manger response. But that the B20 would produce such a result the K&T writer describes as 'accidental', evidently not believing in his own measurements.

/Erling

AWOL!

Hi Bud, Scorpion and all,

To All,

Sorry I am AWOL at the moment, moving house and very busy work wise.

Hi Bud,

Good to hear from you and I am glad your Enable system is being recognised and getting good results, its such a clever system!
I ran out of time and had to ship the system with modified Volt 10 inch drivers but saddly they were not Enabled.
When I get settled in the new house (3 months ish) I hope to have some time to build up a fully Enabled set of drivers.
As you can tell from this thread and other posts on Lynn's BTA thread I have become even more interested in energy transmission and conversion within loudspeaker systems.
I still have notes from our phone calls 3 years ago!!
As Randy Jackson would say " Props to the Enable Dog!!"

Hi Scorpion,

Very interesting, I will try and view the link, thanks for the information!

All the best

Derek.

Hi Derek

I recently contacted Beyma in order to find out how the woofer/tweeter response graphs of the 6CX were made. It could be that they were done with a crossover in place since there is almost no overlap. If not there is very little chance that any type of subtractive trick would make a lot of sense.

But even then there would be other solutions left to achieve a flat group-delay response.

But let's wait and see what Beyma answers.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.