fostex fe87 blh?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
revisited.

Thanks Scott,

It seems so long ago that I was making those speakers, but looking back at it now I realize that I am still just as freaking crazy~! at least privately...

If I were to build them again, btw, I would stick with 15mm as per the plans or even down to 12 mm plywood for budget and smaller size. Make a removable panel where the binding posts go. This will allow you to tweak with damping material in that region.

Also, I must advocate finishing the inside and out. Try osmo poly x if you are into the easier side of an oil finish. That should change the damping requirements (in this case, at least). some people flat out "dope" the inside of a cabinet with something or another. everyone has their own recipe for their own sound and it is an area worth researching. read the sticky thread up top of the fullrange forum about it.

It is a difficult build for a beginner, btw. Make sure those parts are square, dude!

good luck!

-Clark

scott: PM, how are things lately with you? Out here we are thawed and shorts and t shirted - for the next 6 months!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.