Brynn's with fe126e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
chrisb said:
approx 3/4" vintage recycled cotton felt ( much softer than fiber glass) - a close material would be automotive upholstery under padding.

wool felt would only need to be about 1/2" thock.

They is a huge range of foam densities, much of it not that useful, and the stuff that is would need to be much thicker than 1/2". I'd think an 1" of fiberglass batting on all 6 sides would be better. Polyfluff batting will also work.

Scott or Dave can correct me , but I doubt that much adjusting the wall padding or extra stuffing would compensate enough for the differences I heard between the 3 Fostex drivers in this enclosure (i.e. FF125K, FE126 & FE127)

It won't, purpose of the damping is to try to kill reflections.

dave

I think that any rear mouth BLH design larger than the Horns, and certainly any of the double mouth forward facing designs of the Scottmoose variety ( BLH or M/BVR) could be problematic in smaller rooms.

It would be nice to some Aiko-like (shorter double-mouth horns) for other drivers (tho I think Aiko will fit me perfectly in the near future...). The taller double-mouth jobbies are just too big for many folks, tho it is unreasonable to expect all designs to suitable for all rooms. Horses for courses. Note to self: Scott, Dave, and Ron have given us plenty of special designs - almost enough to meet most needs. Thanks guys.

Cheers
Raymond

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.