Substitute for Sonofil in Alpair5 TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building the small MarkAudio Alpair5 TL that Henkjan designed and have run into a question. I have no Sonofil. I do have a poly fill from Madisound. Henkjan specifies, what I assume is mass of 1/16, 9/16, 3/16,etc....on his plan. Can anyone tell me how this would translate for standard poly fill? I have not used Sonofil and therefore have not idea if it is used in the same mass as this material from Madisound.

Thanks
Christof

Sonofil is a type of polyester stuffing, the white stuff, it sort of looks like Accousta stuf, but then in sheets. you can also use wool if you prefer.

the fractions refer to a part of 1 sheet Sonofil; 1 sheet is about 50-55 gram (just below 2 ounce in us units), 1 sheet per box (not a coincidence :cool: ). some 10% difference is no problem. I cut 1 sheet into 16 pieces, so i could easily distribute the right amount of stuffing in the box, that's where the 1/16, 9/16 etc comes from.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.