new Sonido SWR200A-8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just thinking .....

new driver from Sonido - intended for OB and BR

both that one and old SFR200-8 ( intended for BLH) are available in AlNiCo version , besides ceramic one ;

I made some small sim ..... but I'm interested - is there any ( at least on paper ) interesting (deliberately not saying - better ) solution ?

TIA

(NB - I'm just satisfied customer of Sonido , but I can't stop spreading good words ;) )

Attachments

• swr200a-8-jblsim.jpg
    swr200a-8-jblsim.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,249
Not so serious suggestion from Pchelac

Who are you and what did you do with real Zen Mod?! Where is Ingmar? Maski is sexy,anyway...
I was thinking of PAudio (allmost) full 10" :
IMF HP-10T :
Fs= 70Hz
Xmax=1mm
Vas=20l
Ss=96db/W/m
AND Qts=0,72
With some help (2 Alphas) from below, and a tweety for 10kHz and above... ? They have 12" with simmilar spec.

Big hallo from Pchelac , previously unknown as Nesha

He, he to you to:rolleyes: I'd like to know what do you have in mind OB-wise? You'll probably post it somewhere, but ... I AM impatient ... It would be great if Dave&gang design some BVR (like Gabriel,please,short, wide and shallow... like me) for fabulous Sonido drivers... :angel:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
nesha said:
He, he to you to:rolleyes: I'd like to know what do you have in mind OB-wise? You'll probably post it somewhere, but ... I AM impatient ... It would be great if Dave&gang design some BVR (like Gabriel,please,short, wide and shallow... like me) for fabulous Sonido drivers... :angel:

OB wise - you can do with them whatever you want .... you already have more than few successful projects around - with main driver around 92db/W/m

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
planet10 said:
If it works in a BR, it will work in a BVR.

dave

P10 - just a quickie - which one , of the 8" BVRs from http://www.frugal-horn.com/spawn.html is best for SWR200A , regarding TS data , used in initial development ?

I have MJK's free sheets ...... but - you know - somehow is hard to have time to became good enough in them ... and I know that numbers aren't all .......

TIA

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Zen Mod said:
P10 - just a quickie - which one , of the 8" BVRs from http://www.frugal-horn.com/spawn.html is best for SWR200A , regarding TS data , used in initial development ?

If the specs are close to the FE207 (bug me to post actual numbers -- i'm not at the 'puter with my TSP collection) or the Pioneer B20 G Chang, Half-Chang, Curvy Chang would likely work. Bruce might have a bit more flexibility.

Ideally it needs to be looked at as its own entity, and a specific BVR using measured data designed.

I know Scott is intrigued by the Sonido units -- i'm unlikely to see any any time soon.

dave

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Charcoal said:
Im using SFR200 long time already. As for me best value for price.
Fostex is not to compete them in quality and price, of caurse.

nice to hear that ;)

in Sonido Onken cab , or ?

regarding comparison with Fostex , we totally agree ;)

edit :

just disregard my question about Sonido Onken ....... for moment I mixed SFR and SWR ;)

anyway - which cab you are using for your SFR ...... DIY200 , Aion , or something else ?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ml Tqwt

finally I started free Martin's sheets I have ;
tnx again to his enormous ( everyday) sharing !

after some dumb clicking ( from my side , who's else ) , I see something even better than in case of "etalon" Fostex FE-164 ..... of which values were already implemented in sheet .

pic 1/3

Attachments

• snap1.gif
    snap1.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 665
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.