new Sonido SWR200A-8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Great looking units -I just wish they were more easily available. A friend of mine tried to get some, but the insistance upon a wire transfer of funds (which added a bunch of banking fees to the price) sadly put the scuppers on the idea. He wasn't thrilled about giving the bank a load of extra cash on top of the driver price & shipping. Can't say I blame him. Pity really. Hopefully when they get themselves sorted out properly it'll be easier.

Zen Mod said:

when you hi reply button - there is new window ( but you already know that ;) )

on bottom of blue , down, left - you'll see field "attach file " and button "browse"

hit browse and point to location in your PC , where you already prepared any file of these extensions : gif jpg png txt zip jpeg pdf

file is limited to 100K

:clown:

My first photo on diyaudio.com is dedicated to Zen Mod (hvala stari ;) ), but the object on it to Istvan & Zoltan - my respect!

Maybe now... ?

Attachments

• (my) deepest end.jpg
    (my) deepest end.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 505
Zen Mod said:

under 300E/pair , including Hungarian VAT ( whatever name of it is )

dunno what's price franko your doors ..... mine were collected personally ( OK, not by me , but by my close friend )

Zen Mod said:
one local member of Pass/Sonido users club ( hehe , just invented that sentence ) sent me these linx :

http://bramms.livejournal.com/63488.html
http://bramms.livejournal.com/63848.html

seems that Russian boyz have fun , too ....

I have impression that Sonido is pretty popular in former CCCP

Thanks for info and links. Absolutely NO RUSSIAN WAF issues. :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
now just tell us diameter of drek tubes you use , give us dims of reflex tube , and take pics of few details of wood/plastic joints .....

dims for evaluation , details as good cause to praise how clever you are ......

:clown:

I like it really ...... it is boiled water , but tasty one , fer sure .......

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Dimensions

ma_coule said:
Upon my great respect to Istvan & Zoltan:

great & tnx !

did you compare sound of your Super Drek Tube , to any other SWR cab ?

their Onken is certainly interesting , but I prefer any type of floorstander ..... just because I'm always lazy to make proper stands for any smaller cab ...... or - is it because I just dropped long time ago - small boxes ..... :clown:

Re: Re: Dimensions

Zen Mod said:

did you compare sound of your Super Drek Tube , to any other SWR cab ?

No, I didn't... it's my first wide-ranger... :cannotbe:

Actually, it's a funny story, began with SFR 200 (not SWR!) and the idea to design "The Legend of Moonraker" (upon an old Scottish
Legend). Nothing special, just a variant of double Chang, but a lot of work. Because I was under time pressure (it was meant as wedding present) I've done a very dirty compromise. Since Zoltan's delivery is much faster than my handwork skills are, I've turned to SWR 200-8... to (My) deepest end ... So, here I am... :bawling:
I'm talking to much...

Attachments

• winisd.jpg
    winisd.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 445
Just checked the Sonido site, and clicked on "prices" in English, to find a message saying "coming soon" and last updated 12-3-2006. There doesn't appear to be any rush to sell abroad, so they must be doing well locally.

Converting the forint to US dollar, I get $199 and change for the 200-sized driver, but haven't figured out if that is for Alnico or ceramic.

Last edited:
There doesn't appear to be any rush to sell abroad, so they must be doing well locally.

Thats pretty much what I came to think....I had tweaked one of my designs sometime back for one of the 8" drivers but Zoltan wasn't happy to use paypal at the time....I left it that I would look to do some business when or if he decided to use paypal...but to date I havn't heard anything.....

Just finished my Sonido-cab in BR-application with SWR-200alnico. It is not my own work but my design, plans from Ishtvan. Volume 51,5 L, port 6,3x4,5 (DxL). Material - birch plywood and alder massive.
46 Hz -3dB. Now it is burn-in time.

Attachments

• SWR200alnico-BR.jpg
    SWR200alnico-BR.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 181
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.