The great Tang-Band Simul-build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are a few 2.1 plate amplifiers. I doubt they xover as high as 400. I built a 2.1 system for my daughter and used one of these. She can just plug her laptop into the plate amp on the sub and she was set. I'll see if I can find a link.

Looking at the price of t-amp and gain clone finished boards on ebay, it seems like the future may be building bi or tri amp power modules when building speakers. I don't think most people would want that for their main system, but it might make for compact secondary systems.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That's the idea, but what you have drawn is WAY bigger than you need. The 2 cabinet idea probably works better and will give you more versatility (ie you can swap woofer or midtweeter assemblies to try other drivers).

attached is a sketch of one way to do it. Dimensions are PFA (only a guidline) and confguired around the 2" circle. TL is 10:1, the extra pieces on the inside front are there purely to allow for the big champher (ie not required if you don't champher). The inside of the cut out needs to be champhered (not shown in the 3D)

dave

Attachments

• midtl-sketch.gif
    midtl-sketch.gif
    35.6 KB · Views: 331
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.