My first build! MarkAudio CHR-70 in da house - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th March 2009, 06:20 PM   #31
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by markaudio
Hi T,
Good to read your message ad glad you're enjoying the music!
Yes, I've had the desire for a long time to build a driver that can perform for audiophiles, new builders and home theatre fans, without breaking the bank.

Ummmmmph, I think you've been reading mind. Here's a sneak preview pic of the next generation.

Where there's a powerful amp in use, I'd recommend using a decent quality resistor in the feed to a driver to better balance the load. Don't want to accidentally over-load a smaller size driver.

There's some info on using 2 CHR's in series on the CHR-70 thread in Vendors Bazaar. There's a pic and a graph showing what results can be achieved, useful when thinking about H. Theatre speaker plans.

Have fun!

Mark.

Mark - now that you've teased us - how long for more info?

looks like paper & discrete dust-cap?
Old 18th March 2009, 07:53 PM   #32
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Mark has accepted the challenge of designing paper full range cones. He thrives on this sort of thing and is absolutely bull dog tenacious until he gets it right.

Stay tuned.

Bob
Old 18th March 2009, 07:59 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CSS/XBL
Hi,

Mark has accepted the challenge of designing paper full range cones. He thrives on this sort of thing and is absolutely bull dog tenacious until he gets it right.

Stay tuned.

Bob
Cat got your tongue?
Old 18th March 2009, 08:03 PM   #34
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Since there are a number of parties involved here I don't have the freedom to share more at this point.
Old 18th March 2009, 08:06 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CSS/XBL
Since there are a number of parties involved here I don't have the freedom to share more at this point.

thot so
Old 19th March 2009, 02:16 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Hi Chris
Ummmmmmmph............ OK, it's paper. I've been spending time experimenting with some new grades of super-low density laminates. Very interesting, I'm learning much about the mechanical and acoustic properties of these materials. My Japan-Taiwan connections are improving so I can more research in the future.

Looking at making 2 sizes - 70-mm and 100-mm cones. (I'm thinking Tresch is a mind reader)

So far I've managed to reduce cone static mass and the power-train's moving mass by significant amounts against pre-determined profiles. Seeing where this leads me in terms of cone flex and profile rigidity. All very fascinating, behaves quite differently to mixed alloys.

Anyway, more to follow once I've done all the work. Expect a new thread will result when ready.

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 20th March 2009, 03:50 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Henkjan
how about this?

Henkjan; where can I get dl that datasheet??? Whenever I search "datasheet" on the forum I get everything but!
Old 20th March 2009, 09:20 AM   #38
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by raypalmer
Henkjan; where can I get dl that datasheet??? Whenever I search "datasheet" on the forum I get everything but!
which datasheet do you mean? in the post by Markaudio just above mine, there is the driver's data. or do you mean the excel sheet from which i posted the screenprint? that can be found in this thread
Old 31st August 2009, 11:07 PM   #39
qingcai is offline qingcai  United States
diyAudio Member

this is my build of the chr-70, size as recommend from the markauido chr-70 manual, just the port shape changed to be square.

did not stuff it yet, but it already amaze me, the drum is more real than my jbl music 1. maybe because it have not been stuffed, the voice is little muddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0036.jpg (108.2 KB, 712 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!