css bass reflex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I built these full range bass reflex speakers some time ago, so they have had some hours on them now and are superb. I decided on a front slotted port as they are used close to a wall. The basic design was arrived out by looking at a front ported design by emil attlid that used a tangband driver but was too small for the css fr125sr and a rear slotted design for the css driver. I calculated the box using winisd and changing the round port to a slot by calculating the area of the round port and calculating the area required as a slot. Not as technical as you guys but it works. The opening in the port brace was a guesstimate. There is no wadding and no attenuation has been added. I will post pics if possible.

Basically, this site can stand a 640x480 picture max. If you want something larger, you will have to post it somewhere in cyberspace and post a link here.

To get a picture you can post directly, you will need to reduce the resolution. There are any number of programs that will do that.
Worst case, email the picture to yourself at an appropriate resolution and post that.

Bob

paulfk said:
its not possible to reduce my pictures to 100kb so I am obviously wasting my time trying to post my builds on this forum

www.xnview.com

It's an image manipulation program.

A great way to get .jpg images down in size is to "sharpen" them. I use the "sharpen" filter in XnView on a setting between 20 and 40 and in many cases, can more than halve the size of the image even without resizing :)

Cheers!

thanks for that, here is a picture with just one side left to fit.

Attachments

• copy of dsc00091.jpg
    copy of dsc00091.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 276
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.