Planet10 modded drivers in Omegas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Omega Super 3 speakers that use the Fostex fe127e driver...Omega claims to have modded the drivers,but I was wondering if anyone has replaced the standard Fostex drivers with a fully tricked out pair of Planet10's 127's,and if so what improvements were gained?

Anyone know what Omega does to the drivers anyway...from the outside the cone looks standard.

audiophile36 said:
I have a pair of Omega Super 3 speakers that use the Fostex fe127e driver...Omega claims to have modded the drivers,but I was wondering if anyone has replaced the standard Fostex drivers with a fully tricked out pair of Planet10's 127's,and if so what improvements were gained?

Anyone know what Omega does to the drivers anyway...from the outside the cone looks standard.

gurley123 said:
Go for it. At worst you'll have an extra set of drivers to use in a new project.

I don't really know what Louis does to his drivers. Have you checked the forums on his site?

Well, I think that Louis switched drivers at least a couple of years from Fostex to custom OEM hemp coned drivers ( not Hemp Acoustics). I had a brief opportunity to hear one of the little guys at the Craftsman's Room at last years VSAC, and they were very pleasant.

Even though there's no current proprietary interest, Louis might not be eager to divulge exactly what his treatments to the FE127E would have entailed.

As for what you might expect from full zoot treated drivers, here are a few customer comments:

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/driver-reviews.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.