vifa glass fibre fullranges on sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't see any TSP, so I'm not sure if this is the same one as in the Picolino2 design (VBifas tend to have a different type nr on this side of the big pond), but if it is then it is an excelent speaker; I tried it in Cyburgs' Needle and was one of the best I tried in there. it is more expensive than a W3-871 but worth it

thanks for the reply everyone. i think for the price i cant refuse.

i was thinking bib with maybe a supertweeter for my workspace at home. or maybe just solo.

iv'e a nice ef804\6v6 single-ended amp that i built (both in triode mode) from an akai reel to reel(transformers only) thats just begging for some cheap but interesting speakers...

Henkjan said:
I don't see any TSP, so I'm not sure if this is the same one as in the Picolino2 design (VBifas tend to have a different type nr on this side of the big pond), but if it is then it is an excelent speaker; I tried it in Cyburgs' Needle and was one of the best I tried in there. it is more expensive than a W3-871 but worth it

Interestingly, there are T/S parameters for TG9FD-10-04 at Tymphany, but frequency response is quite a bit different from the one at Madisound.

As for the 9BG119/8 compared to TG9FD-10-04, impedance is different, but otherwise specifications are very close. In Germany Vifa drivers have for some reason different model numbers, eg. in Finland Vifa drivers are available with Tymphany specified models. I would be willing to bet my money it's the same as the 9BG119/8 except impedance :)

Anyhow, the TG9FD-10-04 is a great driver that has received little notice overall, and very much worth the money

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.