Parameters for Pioneer B20FU20-51FW

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hard to say since the individual components are always being 'improved' by order of the 'bean counters' and retailers rarely bother to update their measurements like Eminence, JBL, etc., do. I mean I have measured specs from 10 yrs ago and they're not even close to the PE's, dictating a much smaller cab, so fortunately can be easily made to work with later driver's alignments, hence the specs that yields the largest cab are the ones I recommend since it's easier to shrink a cab than 'stretch' it. ;)

GM

The ML-horn started life as an OB with the B20's woofer variant filling the bottom end with a bit of added mass loading and a piezo horn nestled in the lee of the two in an absolute minimum driver spacing MTW. At apt./small room levels it was pretty impressive for the cost, but obviously there was only so much that could be done about the B20's basic mids/lower HF lack of high SQ resolution, so went for the low buck single driver in-room bass 'wow' factor plus piezo since it was for mostly '50s-60s DooWop, R&R, etc..

How'd it do in a Klam? I don't recall seeing any details/measurements of it.

GM

re:B20 in klam = same klam8 as this video loaded with Sammi - Sammi could take a bit more power - B20 sounded ok at 20-175 feet away - theres was about 10dB more noise available than what is in this video - I've measured these things
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfE7hjQ40o

if one put B20 in a vented system it would blow the one out or modulate badly way before it ever reached these levels - although there's no low bass it sounds like theres some bass at high levels - klam small signal qtc could be set somewhere between 0.7 and maybe 1 - it'll change anyhow at large signal and voice-coil heating/

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here's that curve for the Bu20Fu20

:cool:

Attachments

• bu20fu20.gif
    bu20fu20.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 479
freddi said:
re:B20 in klam..........

Sounds really bad, but then neither YouTube nor my computer sound system are remotely HIFI.

Yeah, BP4 can really play loud over a narrow BW, so could be a viable option in a multi-way system.

Right, Mike Bates? trashed me when I mentioned this on one of his threads, but a 1.0 Qtc K-BP4 with multiple drivers to keep thermal power compression low and with the right specs could theoretically have several octaves of gain BW, but all things consider, a TH with a K slot mouth might be a better choice overall. If I'm ever again able to do building/testing, this is high on my audio curiosity projects list.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.