Detonation DT 80 and fullrangers...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone used the RCM Detonation DT 80 sub amp with a full range driver being looped through as a satellite?

I am thinking of an open baffle full range driver being looped through (as my amp has no dedicated sub or pre out) and using the built in high pass filter with the sub amp driving some OB woofers.

If that makes sense, will the sub amp have a noticeable effect on the sound?

This should be fine. This is what I bought mine for.

If you wish to use the high pass via the speaker outputs (rather than line level outputs, which you don't have) you will need two woofers and two plate amps.

Doing this will aid the fullrangers, as they will not be attempting to produce the low frequencies.

... It just happens that I have a pair for sale: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137865

The salellite XO (6dB high pass) frequency is 125Hz.
The subwoofer frequency is variable between 40 and 170Hz at 12dB Octave.

They are a bargain @ £100 each, as you can control them from the listening position by remote control. They are loads more powerful than the DT80s also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.