where do you route the cables in a Sachiko?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All,
(Discalimer; I am no audiophile and do not pretend to be. I am a fairly decent woodworker and that is where I fit in with this Sachiko project.)
I am approaching the glue up stage on a set of Sachikos I am building for a friend. The boxes are built to the specs on the Spawn Family page. I am ready to mount the jacks for the cable hookups and do not know the best loaction for them, and also how far and where I should route the internal cables. These paired cables (Zu Wax model) are each about 1/4 inch diameter, clad with a mesh sheathing which I assume is for RF shielding. They are 96 inches long and will be soldered to the lugs of the jacks. I am going to mount the jacks in a Cocobolo plate which will be fitted into the Cherry plywood back panel. It looks like I will have sufficient cable to place the jacks near the distal ends of the last baffle (part G for those familiar with the plans).
How much "slack" should I allow and is it better to have the cables snake up from below or should they come from the top? Do I need to do anything to prevent vibration against the internal elemnts of the horns?
Any advice, and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance,
Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.