baby Karlson couplers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

What driver are you using on the 4" tubes?

I very much like the Transylvania Power Company 1" tube for ~1200Hz+ and up. The team that designed it would exclusively use Altec and JBL 1" drivers on a 500Hz active high-pass. I don't know how that worked out, seemd pretty low to me for such a small device. There was a 2" version, but nothing is known about it.

IG

Well here's my shot at the k-tube. Not too precise due to the fact I didn't have enough pipe so they're only 36" inches long.

Upfiring through the 4" pipe is a cheap automotive 4" coaxial. The driver is enclosed in a .5 cuft box with a 2"d by 8"l vent that is out of the box just for looks. It's lightly stuffed and sounds good to the ear.

Since the theory has been proven with this build I would love to build an accurately measured one for a full range 5 or 6".

These are getting painted and put in the youngest's room. I just re-purposed the speakers he already had. Huge improvement over what I built before.

Thanks svone for the inspiration.

Attachments

• karlson cpupler.JPG
    karlson cpupler.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 291
Well here's my shot at the k-tube. Not too precise due to the fact I didn't have enough pipe so they're only 36" inches long.

Upfiring through the 4" pipe is a cheap automotive 4" coaxial. The driver is enclosed in a .5 cuft box with a 2"d by 8"l vent that is out of the box just for looks. It's lightly stuffed and sounds good to the ear.

Since the theory has been proven with this build I would love to build an accurately measured one for a full range 5 or 6".

These are getting painted and put in the youngest's room. I just re-purposed the speakers he already had. Huge improvement over what I built before.

Thanks svone for the inspiration.

Good job, these are pretty cool. Different slot profile than what I'm used to see, but experimentation is good here.

IG

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Ryan,
You are very quick! Nice build - never thought of combining BR on the back with the K tube in the front. The Karlson box has the back as a TL ending with the K aperture. There is a whole thread with K apertures on the sides of BIB's. Did you know you can do this by drilling lots of holes in the side in the shape of the K aperture?
Looking forward to seeing your real build with the 5 in driver.

Thanks everybody for all the kind words. This build was strictly an experiment.

IG81 Do you have picture of a pattern for the slot? I was just going by a picture I saw. Also, for a 6" how would you scale up the length of pipe? Would go for lowest tuning then trim out the aperture?

Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.