Tang Band's FR Entry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
response from Parts Express

I emailed PE about these drivers and got the following response...

"Hello Andy-

Thank you for contacting Parts Express. At this time, we do not expect to add new Tang Band products to our inventory. Please feel free to check back in late spring or early summer. Your new product suggestion had been noted.

Thank you so much for your business and suggestion. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance."

one1speed said:
Wow, that looks hot! I'm not always a lover of the whizzer cone, but this looks well put together.

Steady on, cowboy :cannotbe: , it's not yet certain if/when these will be available, if anyone has actually played with them, or the price

More than a few guys got a chubby when the SEAS Exotic was first teased, but I think it's fair to say that the price announcement precipitated almost universal detumescence.

Note as well Madisound's recent substantial price reduction on existing inventory of Fostex FE138ESR - due at least in part, I'd imagine, to the well publicized (here) lack of sustained enthusiasm by early adopters.

Having said all that, it will be interesting to see what happens.

chrisb said:

Steady on, cowboy :cannotbe: , it's not yet certain if/when these will be available, if anyone has actually played with them, or the price

Ah, just having a little fun. This direction just wasn't expected from TB (at least by me), so not what I expected when I opened the link. It was a nice surprise during a grey, rainy wintery week when I'm stuck at the office for seemingly endless hours as of late.

one1speed said:

Ah, just having a little fun. This direction just wasn't expected from TB (at least by me), so not what I expected when I opened the link. It was a nice surprise during a grey, rainy wintery week when I'm stuck at the office for seemingly endless hours as of late.

Of course - I'd not want to rain further on anyone's pick-nick, and you're certainly right about this being a surprise from TB

chrisb said:
More than a few guys got a chubby when the SEAS Exotic was first teased, but I think it's fair to say that the price announcement precipitated almost universal detumescence.

Note as well Madisound's recent substantial price reduction on existing inventory of Fostex FE138ESR - due at least in part, I'd imagine, to the well publicized (here) lack of sustained enthusiasm by early adopters.
and good thing for those early adopters too!! thats one i'll pass on.
madisound also lowered pricing on the exotic by ~$200/pair, i'd like to see them down to the 10+ price point. not much feedback from the seemingly few people using them. i think the new woofer may require horn loading based on the low Qts and early roll off. solen has pricing up for the new x2-08 woofer and x2-06 tweeter º\ º) º'
i asked parts-express if i could special order the tang-band's and was told they have to order upwards of 200 drivers to get them. it could be a while, and they may not even be available yet.
fwiw, i was told the alnico L.Cao driver will be available in a few weeks. could be interesting?

InclinedPlane said:
'got a chubby' lol. :D

Yea that reminds me. I was going to search for reviews/opinions on that SEAS driver but forgot until now.

IINM, Nelson Pass played with the SEAS drivers - he can certainly make the recommendation for the right amp to execute the forbidden dance with them.

Sometimes I think Papa's audio warehouse must look like Jay Leno's auto / cycle museum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.