Two drivers loading the same horn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tyimo said:
What about to use different drivers in the same horn???

No reason why not, if it's designed right. Whether you could say Troel's is all one horn or not is more questionable though as you will note that the throat below the bass drivers is choked off -if you split the thing down the middle, the resultant front & rear horns are acoustically speaking of different lengths. Not necessarily a bad thing though -quite the opposite in some respects. How much that really affects things though, I wouldn't like to say. Looking at the measurements, it seems to be a fairly successful design, although the LF results are heavily contaminated by room interferance, as he notes.

ok, each to their own on full range / 2 way / 3 way / tl / horn / mass loaded / planars. each has merits and disadvantages. and each type has those who are very passionate about them.

the reason i was looking in to this is i heard a set of bose L1 line arrays, and was looking in to something similar but getting a little more bass using a pipe. if the lobing is that bad how do they sound so good and get the wide dispersion?

yes i was thinking about splitting the pipe, i looked at the spawn from frugal horn,

http://www.frugal-horn.com/spawn.html

but with a longer centre baffle to take multiple drivers.

and then wondered how to get them shorter, simple answer, dont split the pipe!

just a little pondering realy, cheers, steve.

ps, Tyimo, sorry for taking so much of your thread, didnt mean to take it over. steve.

No reason why not, if it's designed right.
Yes, this is what I would like to learn....:D

For example I use a horn (designed for 40Hz) with a suitable 6" driver and I would connect it a biger 8"-10" driver to this horn too.
Or inversely the whole situation: a horn designed for the 8"-10" driver and a 6" driver.....etc.
Well, how could I modeling this question-problem?

Whether you could say Troel's is all one horn or not is more questionable though as you will note that the throat below the bass drivers is choked off -if you split the thing down the middle, the resultant front & rear horns are acoustically speaking of different lengths.
Yes, It is a "two horn in one shape" design:D

Tyimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.