problem with choosing a fullrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll second the recommendation to look at Planet 10 designs. I have built Fonkens w/ FE127 and Metronomes w/ FE108eSigma. Both are very satisfying. :cheers:

Also built Half Changs (using FE206e drivers, which aren't on your list) and love them too.

Kudos to Dave & Scott!

Cheers, Jim

I second the vote for planet10, a great repository of designs and knowledge.

My first project was an onken design too [http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138195]. I don't count myself as particularly gifted in the wood-working department and this type of speaker requires some care to build well. But I feel the reward was worth it. It helps if you have a sharp saw and good quality plywood.

Cal Weldon said:

Elation? Is that what they're calling it these days?

I was reading the label on the bottle of little blue pills and they said to call a doctor at that point. My wife said "forget it" and took the phone away.

Oops, that's OT, sorry. :xeye:

lucky man, still early enough in the "marriage" that "me luv you long time" isn't a joke

back to your regularly scheduled progamming

Bigun said:
I second the vote for planet10, a great repository of designs and knowledge.

My first project was an onken design too [http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138195]. I don't count myself as particularly gifted in the wood-working department and this type of speaker requires some care to build well. But I feel the reward was worth it. It helps if you have a sharp saw and good quality plywood.

For clean, smooth cutting in plywood, you probably couldn't go wrong with something like:

http://www.freudtools.com/p-16-thin-kerf-ultimate-plywood-melamine.aspx

You could be lucky, but without a scoring blade, just don't bet the farm on splinter free cross grain cutting on the bottom face of veneered plywoods ( or melamine), regardless of any manufacturers' claims.

Cal, u get married?

if so congrats...and ya priapism can be a killer..(it can be literally, so sez my wife-- a health care professional on a critical care floor). Sorry for the OT banter....

There should never be a problem choosing a fullrange...just get ye some O' Dave's (et al) super duper modded drivers... perhaps the best $$$ to be spent in audio (ok the Roksan Xerxes at $180 was pretty good too).

Bigun, just remember not to cut ferrous metals with the new baby (as the site suggests).

nik_p: hope it's good BB ply...

chris, still have a box sittin in my office. One day....

OT (again): if any are looking for a new shiny plastic disc to listen to, try Seal's "Soul". Excellent if ya like soul standards, well recorded... sounds good on the NuForce Icon/Castles and/or tube speakers and/or Milevas...

stew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.