Dilemmas, as always -- BLH vs BVR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Compoundhorn_Lowther_2-s.jpg

Compoundhorn_Lowther_1-s.jpg

Shot by cell phone, so...

Veneer on front is not done yet.

Thanks for the compliments. I like it very much, too.

However I won't have much chance to listen to it. As mentioned, this is a project for a friend (who lives 3-hour driving away from me). Besides, this monster can't fit in my place, I can't occupy even if I want to:bawling:

I think I can have a good listening in the initial setup session. Will report back when that happen.

:)

The finished big cabs were delivered and set-up (roughly). Unforturnately I wasn't there. The following message is reported back by friends.

The initial setup was spoiled by a damaged driver, only 1 channel could play. Even so, everyone there was impressed by the 'big mono sound'. (Of course after several minutes of warming up. It's amazing that the sounds changed dramatically in the first several minutes.)

A few days later, the damaged driver was fixed and installed. The friend surrendered himself to the sound totally. He made a phone call to tell how good they sounded and how happy he was. So excited, he was giggling for more than an hour!

The firend is not really an audio guy but a music lover, mainly in classical music - strings and piano. The speakers sing spectacularly on the materials he collected. He is totally content.

Well, for now.

The room is way too small for the speakers. I feel almost sorry for designing such a monster for that space, but I did confirm with him several times about the actual dimensions of the finished cabs. He just mumbled alright alright just bring it on bring it on. Oh well.... Now he knows they are big.

And, now the drivers are PM6A because other 'better' drivers are not available for the time being. It'll be upgraded to PM4 in the near future.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.