Audio Nirvana mini-monitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is pictures of my last project, the Mini-monitor with an Audio Nirvana 8" driver.
The sound is very very nice and the soudstage too. Try it!

Attachments

• dsc_0260.jpg
    dsc_0260.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,134
I have this speakers since 3 years now and I realy like them but sometime, i'm sure I can upgrade the speakers.
The mid-high frequency seem a little bit to ¨dry¨... to much present...
I use a smooth EL84 push pull amplifier, I think it will be terrible with a dry solid state amplifier.

I reed a reply from Nelson Pass about this subject and he suggest a 1mH in paralle with a 8Ohm resistor... this 2 component in serie with the speakers?

From Nelson, I'm sure it is a good idea but anyone else have and idea to solve my problem?

I have found that a really good way to run the Audio Nirvana drivers is using them in the FAST configuration with high pass Xover around 125Hz - it also helps to use a curved front baffle but not such a simple project

Adding a shelving network will alter the freq response quite a bit and also change the impedance loading on the output transformer that'll produce a further change - diy at it's best ...

Interesting drivers, and performance improves significantly with some room diffusion (1D QRD, for example), particularly on the wall behind the speakers - it will enhance those 'dry mids', etc

Most hifi people forget that 40 - 60% of the final sound is directly dependant on the listening room's acoustics and think it only applies to the bass and low mids, and miss out on dramatic improvements in system performance.

I considering the 8" coaxial A.N in the minimonitor cabinet.
Could anyone suggest me:
-Does it have the big difference to the 8"CF? (Sound and feeling)? As 8" Coax is more expensive than 8" CF!
-Do 8" coax driver work well in the minimonitor cabinet?
-what is the size of hole port? (Dia. & lenght of the port)
Thanks all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.