Fostex Fe126e in BR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, oh shame on my attempt at humor. I was merely joking that Robert's paper-mache horn would go well with a cardboard cab. Robert's horns are probably not for sale at any price, being prototypes but anyone with a pair of scissors, a newspaper and a jar of paste can make one. Maybe Mssr. Serenechaos will explain the method.

Audiophile36. nice mitered seams on that box!

size: any size you want them to be, any profile.
the size rjbond3rd heard was 250 Hz; LeCleach; T=1.2 as I remember. (250 was what Bert said worked best of all the Oris Horns for the 166).

avalibility: as availible as paper, flour & water.

price: as above; couple bucks, several hours.

so more than enabling, but again, the difference is greater too...

oceancity said:
"A tweeter is definately not needed and with jazz, girl with guitar, and small scale classical music a sub is not needed either."
I put 126s in the Bryn Chang box. This box is not unlike a BR. The volume of the chamber is 13+ liters. With 3.3RS they are a very elegant solution.

FWIW, I found the FE127, or Hemp Acoustics FR4.5 to work even better in this box than the FE126.

chrisb said:

FWIW, I found the FE127, or Hemp Acoustics FR4.5 to work even better in this box than the FE126.

I await the rise of the $AUS and the fall of the$A . When that happens i'm keen to try the 127 in the Bryn Chang. The 126 will go into Saburo.
Talk in economic circles here is that it will be up to 2 years before our dollar reaches parity again. Then I would buy the 127 EnAbled. I don't see Hemp speakers turning up in OZ. But for the time being every sound from the 126 is sweet indeed.

audiophile36 said:
audio022.jpg

G'day audiophile36,

You really should EnABL your port and cabinet edges.
It will take your listening experience to a whole new level.

Cheers,

Alex

audiophile36 said:
Hey i know that the 126e is not "ideal" for a BR box,but i must say that I've always gotten good results from this driver in a 12liter solid pine box.

People complain that the 126e lacks bass in BR,but I don't think so compared to other single driver speakers I have heard,some of which with larger drivers.

A tweeter is definately not needed and with jazz, girl with guitar, and small scale classical music a sub is not needed either.
audio022.jpg

Those look fantastic!!

You wouldn't happen to have a build thread started somewhere would you?

I am interested in building these speakers and don't know where to start.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.