fe87e Superbowls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Saturnus said:
Putting the ball on top of that would make the speaker appear from all sides like a lower case "i". I even have come up with a cool name for it, The i-ball. :)

I like your "i" idea. What about this... For the stand, make it out of a 6-7" diameter sona tube or PVC pipe. Seal the bottom with a wide base. On the top of the tube, build a baffle for a 6.5" midbass driver. place four 1/2" dowls, roughly 4-6" tall, on the outer edges of the the top of the pipe. Drop the superbowl on top so the dowls hold it above the midbass driver. The bowl will help with dispersion of the midbass.

Thank you, Poindexter ;)

Lejaybo, do some googling regarding xovers - here's a link to an online crossover calculator (look at the impedances at the crossover point), and define the order of the crossover. The higher order, the steeper rolloff.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=55

Another possibility is to start a new thread, and get some diy-help for your crossover - many folks around here can help you ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.