Looking for a horn design for my drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No not really. I just wanted to waste some of HM's time like
he wastes mine by plugging his designs in any remotely compatible thread, then doesn't contribute any useful advice unless directly related to his design.

HM is probably a nice guy but please, SO predictable... Please do not be so pushy with promoting your products sir.
Sponsor this site and get an advertisement at the bottom of the page. You'll get more business than now, It reminds me of the Microsoft word Paperclip.

Really; no one else ever plugs their designs or driver mods or anything... :rolleyes:

Has anyone tried building HM's designs?
I just hear so much bashing...
Always liked the looks of the one that looks kinda like a Fletcher system, but open in front.
And I've always wondered how those dual blh systems would work, tuned slightly apart to spread the FR...
Never built one though.

Don't know what a 'nessie' is, but I do know about staggered vents in a common Vb, at least typical PVC or cardboard tube ones and if you spread them too far apart tuning wise, the short one will dominate same as mis-matched drivers in a common Vb where the higher Fs one will provide almost all the output until it grenades. This is why in prosound apps they tend to either use push-pull layouts to average out non-linearities and/or separately tuned cabs for each driver.

GM

Here be monsters... ;)

The Nessie's were one of Nagaoka's specials (although I imagine someone else had done something similar before, given that there's not much new under the sun). Twin constant cross-section resonant tubes basically, the longer rear one larger than the front.

Attachments

• a nessie.gif
    a nessie.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 155
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.