Subwoofer for Tangband W3-871S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I am new to this forum, I hope you can understand my very poor English. I bught 2 tb W3-871S some days ago. I was very surprised how this small speakers sound. I was going to build a box with a side firing subwoofer (8'') and the tb mounted on the front panel.
It's a good idea? Suggestions?

If you are listening to the raw drivers (not in any type of enclosure) they will always sound "small". In a proper enclosure, they will sound almost entirely different.

Take some time and learn a bit about the principles that define that "proper" enclosure. You will find that there are many approaches, none is necessarily more correct, but each is different. This is a good thing, as it allows you to pair driver and enclosure design to provide enhancement to desired properties and sometimes to minimize undesirable ones.

Hello,
thanks for you answers. I agree that a proper enclosure makes the loudspeaker sound in completely different way. I love the sound of fullranges, but I also like listen to the music "physically ", thing that I have never felt with any fullranges of contained dimensions.
My idea was to put together the two aspects.

I followed your suggestion and I mounted the tb in a little transmission line enclosure based on a project published on an Italian DIY review some years ago. Now it sounds in completely different way and I don't feel the necessity to add a subwoofer. I tried to make it play together with my subwoofer, but the sound loses magic.
I love it as it is now!
Thanks to all to have made to discover me this magic world of fullranges!

Hi Baxman,

Thank you for the link even though I do not understand Italian.

It looks like flat response to 100Hz and then drop quickly and you get 60Hz at -15db (if I read the text OK)

The Cybrgs Needle or Tabaq will give you more bass but of course a much bigger enclosure.

As anyone compare the Needle vs Tabaq ? My son's room has the Needle but maybe my daughter would be OK with the Tabaq...

Regards,
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.