Greenhorn Curvy Chang Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI! This is my first speaker build. It's my first anything build so I'm taking my time on this one. I had the inner boxes built and one of the outers. Got the drivers last week and they would not fit the baffle rebates. Have to wait another week for new ones to be cnc cut. hope they get it right this time. Guess I should have waited til I had the drivers in my hands. A question If I may. should I run the bracing (horizontal) up to the back triangle or can I dispense with the triangle all together and glue it to the back wall? I'll see if I can get some pics up.

Thanks.

Thanks Scott , the problem is, if I run the brace off centre it hits a little bit above triangles point , to miss the triangle I would have to go way up the box or go vertical with brace. is it ok to have a small "foot" say 25 mm glued to the brace?

Dust said:
Dave, Ok, Vertcal it is then, should it touch the Vent pieces or skirt around them? I assume make a big gap for the triangle?

Thanks

greenie512 has his vertical brace touching both the vent pieces and the "triangle":

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

as you can see he's used a straight bit of wood rather than a triangle; seems to work quite well for him :)

Curvy pictures

Hi, A few pictures (I hope) of the build.

Attachments

• cuvy chang build 001 (512 x 384).jpg
    cuvy chang build 001 (512 x 384).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,233
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.