Decware DFR8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jamesuk1,

Not sure if you are still interested in EnABLing your Chilli Chang cabinets?

An alternative (easier and quicker) way to apply the blocks is on a strip of 18 mm Scotch brand 'Magic tape' or Sellotape 'Invisibe Tape'.

Once you have your blocks cut, lay a strip of Scotch tape sticky side down on the cutting mat and then lay the blocks on top as shown in the attached pic.

The dotted line is the middle of the strip.
The longer strip is for the back wall and the shorter one for the horizontal part.

So you will need to make up four (4) of each strip to do both speakers - which equates to 152 blocks in total.

So long as the edge of the blocks is positioned as shown in my earlier post it will work as intended.

I have been applying EnABL to cabinets, baffles and ports for over 12 months (hundreds of blocks).

Once you hear the change for yourself, you will want to EnABL everything.

Cheers,

Alex

Attachments

• chilli chang enabl strips.jpg
    chilli chang enabl strips.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 285
HI

Hi Alex,first i want to thank you so much for taking the time to explain Enabling to me.To be honest im not too keen on spoiling the looks of my speakers,having not long built them.Im realy keen on fullrange speakers and will continue to follow all the posts on enable etc.I still may try it in the future.I thank you again

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.