Solution for Whizzer Cone Rattle?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built the Half Chang cabinets for my Pioneer B20. I modified the drivers with two coats of puzzle coat on the main cone and two coats of damar on the whizzer cone. I removed the dust cap and installed a phase plug. The speakers sound great except when I play bluegrass with alot of bass or techno music. Should I remove the whizzer cone? What would you suggest?

I just finished the shadow cabinet with Dayton 8" subs and the suzy chang cabinet with Pioneer A11. I will post a comparison between the half chang and the suzy chang with subwoofer cabinet soon. Thanks

Hey, back to this 98 cent whizzer tweak :confused:

I see DD's drawing (of the whizzer tweak), and am wondering if it is a non-glue reversible mod? Does one merely pressure fit the foam between the whizzer and cone and it works?

(Sorry if so many already know the answer--any comment greatly appreciated)

The reason for asking is one of my fe166's seems to make a buzz/rattle on high energy transients in the cello register. That whizzer really dances around at high spl's, and it looks suspicious.

Thanks in advance, dudes/dudettes...

Karl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.