my new BIB (again...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
supravox signature 215 bicone

Attachments

• supravox 001.jpg
    supravox 001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 882
Claude,

Thanks for your replies. I like the sound very much. I have them mounted a 12x48in front panel with two hinged wing panels, one 10x48, and the other one 8x48. When I figure out how to post some pictures, I will do it. I'm embarrassed to say the wing panels are only fastened with duct tape. I just have not gotten around to a more permanent arrangement. Looks like your driver is mounted on a removable panel. Do you use this bib for other drivers? Thanks.

Jon

For interest's sake, 1/2 space plot showing the relative differences in LF performance between the drivers assuming the BIB cabinet dimensions refered to above. The 12in AN needs a much larger Vp to 'breath' (as in about 84ft^3)so I imagine that its LF & midband sounded somewhat choked & lacking in transient attack. To a lesser extent, I'd expect something similar from the Supravox, as that high Q also wants a very big pipe (about 45.5ft^3). YMMV of course & there are other factors to consider too. Personally, I'm a big fan of Supravox drivers, even though they generally need very large cabinets.

Attachments

• comp drivers.gif
    comp drivers.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 569
supravox 215 signature bicone

Scottmoose, please give me dimms for "perfect cabinet" for my
supravox 215 signature bicone.

thank you very much for the graph.spec. What do you think about
supravox TQWT design and the caisson RJ from SUPR. too ?

Claude

Attachments

• image18do.jpg
    image18do.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 632
Scottmoose, please give me dimms for "perfect cabinet" for my supravox 215 signature bicone.

You could do it yourself easily enough via the various spreadsheet dimension calculators here: http://www.zillaspeak.com/bib-howtobuild.asp

As I mentioned, you'd need a very large cabinet of ~45.5Ft^3 (each), making for a box of 67.25in x 28.75in x 40.625in (internal HxWxD). Relatively weak motor + highish Vas = large Vp.

What do you think about supravox TQWT design and the caisson RJ from SUPR. too?

I prefer not to, in the former case. Nothing like enough volume. The latter is a trad. sort of cabinet, but not of a type I personally like all that much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.