Fostex FE206/207 or others

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a FE103 from the mid-60s. (not stock thou)

dave

Attachments

• fe103a-enabl-plugsn.jpg
    fe103a-enabl-plugsn.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 359
JC951t said:
Hi Planet,
As per your advice that the 167E would sound better,
would it be feasible to build a 2X 167e in the G Chang
cabinets ?

Thank you

Scott might say, "groan" - these enclosures are highly tailored to specific drivers, generally intending to adhere to the Single Driver approach. Just because there might be enough room on the front baffle to add extra or different drivers, won't ensure enhanced performance.

p.s. Did I forget to mention "combing"?

but then again, I could be all wet

JC951t said:
Hi Hm,
Nice. Is this a la Isobarik configuration ?

no - each driver loads a separate horn

Posaune_innen2_klein%20linberg.jpg

p.s. - sorry Horst, I didn't mean to step on your toes

chrisb said:
Scott might say, "groan" - these enclosures are highly tailored to specific drivers, generally intending to adhere to the Single Driver approach. Just because there might be enough room on the front baffle to add extra or different drivers, won't ensure enhanced performance.

p.s. Did I forget to mention "combing"?

but then again, I could be all wet

No groans today (I'm not feeling well enough to even do that), but yes, agreed on all counts. Assuming it was retuned, you could run two drivers on the front baffle & roll one off above its mass-corner, but that's about it -aside from Calhoun none were designed for a semi-omni polar response so sticking a driver elsewhere isn't going to work too well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.