Mellow Monster - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2008, 12:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Mellow Monster

My name is Mark Korda.I had plans from the library I found years ago of a speaker,horn,called the Mellow Monster.I can't find them.I just joined up to this forum.Can any one help me out.I would like to find auplater if possible.Thank you all(mark.korda@verizon.net)
Old 12th December 2008, 01:25 AM   #2
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Hi Mark - and Welcome to diyAudio

We have a member here that goes by the screen name auplater - you can look him up on the members list. As you are a new member I don't know if you will be allowed to email him direct until you have been here awhile and made a few post. But if you look up which threads he is busy on (assuming that this is the person you are looking for) you could chime in with a bit of useful insight and ask him to contact you. Hope that you find this helpful - and good luck with your project.

One bit of warning - if you hang around here long enough - it won't be the last project that you will find yourself working on! But that's a good thing!
Old 12th December 2008, 07:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I believe you asked this last year on audioasylum, and people in fact provided some dimensions / scans etc. However, you didn't appear to reply, so perhaps you forgot you'd asked / to check, as sometimes happens. http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pi...12/126184.html
Old 13th December 2008, 12:20 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Talking Mello Monster

I would like to thank c2 Thomas,and beleive me c2,the audio projects have piled up in my apartment so I have trouble getting around,and also Moosescott or Scottmoose...you guys are great! Mark Korda
Old 13th December 2008, 12:45 AM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

What driver is that thing designed for?

dave
Old 13th December 2008, 10:00 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I suspect it was intended for the 8in wide-band unit developed by (& from) Bell Labs from the 1930s onward. Don't hold me to that though.
Old 13th December 2008, 12:04 PM   #7
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
OT

You do realise that the forum is now going to be sued !!

Yet another Monster lawsuit- you can help, maybe

Andy
Old 13th December 2008, 01:03 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Let 'em come. I could do with a good laugh.

Personally, I'm off down the bookies to find out what odds they'll give me for Monster Cable trying to issue Walkers Crisps with a writ, for re-introducing their (most excellent) Monster Munch corn snack. A corn snack which was originally launched in 1977 of course, 2 years before Monster Cable existed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monstermunch-spicy.jpg (15.6 KB, 951 views)
Old 13th December 2008, 01:30 PM   #9
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
They will probably try as the smile on the monster's face, when turned upside-down, looks very similar to their logo !!

Andy
Old 13th December 2008, 04:42 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi Planet10,ther are 2 drivers,maybe 3 that would work perfectly in the Mello Monster.The first is a Fostex 8 inch co-ax,FE207E that is sheilded,and Seas just came out with an 8 inch co-ax I think is called the Europa.There is a guy on the Fostex and Lowther speaker site on Google that has 8,10,and 12 inch co-ax's called Nirvana that are highly efficiaint....Mark

Hide this!Advertise here!