Half-Jimi - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2008, 12:14 AM   #1
jims is offline jims  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Half-Jimi

I have been listening to my Jordans jx92s for several months, and they sound great in a 48" MLTL triangular box. Time to try something new. I would like to build some Changs, over the holidays, for the Jordans, ie Jimi Chang as per the frugal site, but as a half jimi. Can someone help me with the dimensions of the box?

Thanks

JimS
Old 11th December 2008, 09:30 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I scrapped it, as the availability of the Jordans is questionable & their specs appear to vary depending on which OEM builder a particular batch had. If you contact Dave or myself via the FH site we might be able to do something.
Old 11th December 2008, 10:11 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I have sent you mail.

JimS
Old 11th December 2008, 01:47 PM   #4
RayO is offline RayO  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottmoose
I scrapped it, as the availability of the Jordans is questionable & their specs appear to vary depending on which OEM builder a particular batch had. If you contact Dave or myself via the FH site we might be able to do something.
It's my understanding that the Jordans are being made in India now. I was thinking about buying a pair for myself but decided against it for that reason. Instead, I chose to order a pair of Alpair 10's from Markaudio in Hong Kong.

Has anyone here had any experience with the Alpair drivers? I would appreciate any ideas or experiences others would be willing to share.
Old 11th December 2008, 02:01 PM   #5
REC1 is offline REC1  United States
diyAudio Member

It's my understanding that the Jordans are being made in India now. I was thinking about buying a pair for myself but decided against it for that reason

I really hate to comment, but i will. I work for an Indian company, general quality of products tend to suffer due to a social status thing that cant be fully explained , or needs to be,in this forum. Lets just say i would never buy an India produced car or for sure fly on an airplane with any parts made there. Just an opinion, and i try never to give opinions.

China made products i would buy without a doubt.

A Chinese made amp or speakers or just about any product except for drugs,steel and others will have adequate or above quality.

ron
Old 12th December 2008, 10:04 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Not sure if my pair were made in India, China, or even Texas. They are about 1 year old. All I know is that they sound great, and the build looks very good. I would really like to build some half Jimi Changs and compare them to my next project, Half-Chillis, with fostex 167e enabled drivers.

JimS
Old 12th December 2008, 03:46 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by REC1
It's my understanding that the Jordans are being made in India now. I was thinking about buying a pair for myself but decided against it for that reason

I really hate to comment, but i will. I work for an Indian company, general quality of products tend to suffer due to a social status thing that cant be fully explained , or needs to be,in this forum. Lets just say i would never buy an India produced car or for sure fly on an airplane with any parts made there. Just an opinion, and i try never to give opinions.

China made products i would buy without a doubt.

A Chinese made amp or speakers or just about any product except for drugs,steel and others will have adequate or above quality.

ron

I just got the FE167e from Madisound. It's breaking in. Thanks for the news that a Chinese- made Fostex very likely maintains a good standard. I I haven't hard mine in anything but the break box.
Old 12th December 2008, 05:20 PM   #8
REC1 is offline REC1  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the news that a Chinese- made Fostex very likely maintains a good standard.

The subject of the difference(China/India) would make a good paper. Its not my field, but i can see the difference.
China-acts/reacts as a group.
India- acts/reacts according to the social status of the highest person in the social ranking.

Fostex made in China will probably have the same or near quality as the same product from Japan (Kudos to Mr. Demming).

ron
Old 12th December 2008, 07:27 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I won't belabor this but this is about the FE167e as a subject.

The last time I bought Fostex was from Madisound over 5 years ago.

I just pulled the FE127e and the speak is not marked as to where it was made. No imprinted number either.
Old 12th December 2008, 10:41 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I do not want to get too off topic here, but I am old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" was the tag on inferior products. Then made in china was considered junk, and made in japan was gold, and made in the USA was platinum. Now not much is made in the USA, made in Japan is not affordable, made in China is great, and made in India is considered inferior. I have learned over the years to try to be less biased about different things like were someone is from or where something is made, and to judge the person or the product based on tangible criteria. I am sure there is junk made everywhere and vice-versa. I love the Jordan's I bought, certainly a step-up from my B&Ws which I listened to for several years, and a lot less money Where are B&W's made?

JimS

Hide this!Advertise here!