Just for Aussies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
I own no test equipment, no microphone etc.
I had and still have only my ears
When I bought my pair on Ebay the seller had no data, it was an impulse purchase.
When I put the drive in a test baffle and played some of my favorite music I was impressed with the dynamics and true to life sound of these drivers.
Life like would be how I would describe them
Therefore " I like the noise they make" I think you have to be Australian to understand the shorthand, when you listen to your favorite full range driver how would you describe the listening experience??
regards
Ted

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Dave, I think you said National when I had the original post up but I did think Coral when I first saw and heard them.

Pete I just put them in a flat baffle when I did my initial listening, they were OK in a 30litre sealed but much better OB, when I used them OB I used the same low cut that I used for my current project, 9mH laminate core from Jaycar in parallel and 33uF in series great on female voice not bad on acoustic guitar either, lacks a bit on the top end( but it's an 8inch, that is to be expected.
I like mine but not enuf to buy a second pair ( WAF factor there minus 2.5 )

Moondog55 said:
I own no test equipment, no microphone etc.
I had and still have only my ears
When I bought my pair on Ebay the seller had no data, it was an impulse purchase.
When I put the drive in a test baffle and played some of my favorite music I was impressed with the dynamics and true to life sound of these drivers.
Life like would be how I would describe them
Therefore " I like the noise they make" I think you have to be Australian to understand the shorthand, when you listen to your favorite full range driver how would you describe the listening experience??
regards
Ted

Ahh, i see. Too bad, i suspect the shipping would be impossible to pay for me, they look nice :)
Oh well, i guess it won't be a problem for you to find someone to take them off your hands.

Have a nice day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.