lowther pm6c v dx2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I recently started listening to some pm6c,s in a simple rear loaded horn cabinet. I wanted to know what I might expect if I upgraded the drivers to the DX2.
To be honest, I think the cabinet is a bit small as the bass response is quite poor but these speakers do so much right that when I listen to my other speakers (ProAc Studio 140,) all I hear is plenty of bass but a slow lumbering presentation.
Thanks

Joff

Of course

The DX3 is a nice step up from the DX2, and I consider it the best-for-the-buck Lowther. The DX4 is considerably more expensive, and technically would not justify the price. But ears tell a different story - they are a nice step up in every regard, and the sum total is moving from a very good driver to a great driver. It is rare that a customer who has DX4's will move to something else.

Given the generous trade in program of Lowther, you may wish to consider trying the DX2 to see if the sound is one that you like, and then move up to the DX4 later.

Be aware, the DX4 will be ruthless in revealing and weakness of your front end.

Re: Of course

Jon Ver Halen said:
The DX3 is a nice step up from the DX2, and I consider it the best-for-the-buck Lowther.

Let me second the DX3 over the DX2, particularly at the current $200 price differential. The DX3 is just a much nicer sound. The Qts is close enough that a little resistance will make the two drop-ins in most cases.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.