help designing a Linkwitz Transform circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
blrh93 said:
ok, is there any way i can achieve good results with the fostex sigma drivers in ported cabinets?
as i like the style of the speaker and think it will fit well in the cabinted i have planned to make.

if you think of a correctly designed BLH or even BIB as a form of "ported" cabinet, and depending on your definition of "good results", then perhaps

If I'm interpreting the above post correctly, trying to shoehorn driver(s) with an appealing style into cabinets that I'll assume will also be designed primarily for aesthetics, is not likely to yield satisfactory results.

Okay, well since you said "any advice would be appreciated..." At the risk of merely re-phrasing what's been said:

Sure, you can reshape the LF curve of a given driver/box combo by applying a specially calculated EQ. But in doing so, you are throwing away efficiency.

This little driver is not a woofer. Sure, you could treat it like a woofer, but it might not be able to play loud.

If you need to back into the choice of driver, find the cab's volume, then plug that into WinISD (or similar) along with the params for whatever driver. And then repeat until you find something that looks okay. Could get tedious. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.