Odd cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted a message similar to this in the loudspeakers forum and someone suggested that I post it here.

I built 2 cabinets for speakers that I want to use on my diy computer jukebox. The speaker cabinets are 17" tall by 7 3/4" wide on the outside and the inner dimensions are 16" tall by 71/4" wide minus a 3/4" horizontal brace in the center. There is room for up to a 5 inch speaker. I have posted a quick drawing of the top view of a cabinet.

Can you help me decide what speakers to use in the cabinets? These are external speakers for the jukebox and I already have good speakers in the cabinet of the jukebox so I would like to go with some of the cheaper ones. The computer will be hooked up to a stereo amplifier, which will drive the speakers.

I have looked at a few speakers on parts express and I have also looked at the pioneer A11EC80-02F on MCM that Gychang used in several of his cabinets. Would these be good speakers for in my cabinets or could you suggest other speakers in this price range (these are $13 each)?
Thank you for reading this long message!

Attachments

• speaker2.gif
    speaker2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 325
The total inner volume is about 540 inches squared. The divider is a 3/4 inch piece of plywood that I could cut the center out of. Without cutting it, the cabinets are divided up into 2 chambers that have a volume of about 270 inches squared.

These speakers will only be used for music (Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, jazz, etc) so the cabinets just need to have regular low frequency performance for music.
Thank you for the help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.